Perfect rice is easy to achieve with our simple methods.
1) Correct measuring is the secret to success. Use one-part rice to two parts liquid.
2) Put the rice and cold liquid into a saucepan.
3) Bring to the boil and stir once.
4) Lower the heat to a gentle simmer and cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid. Leave the rice to cook for the recommended cooking time.
5) When the rice is cooked and the liquid absorbed, steam holes can be seen on the rice’s surface.
6) To serve, fluff with a fork.
Free Simmer Method
1) Bring 1.4 litres (2 ½ pints) of liquid to a full, rolling boil in a large saucepan. Add 250g (9 oz) or a mug of rice.
2) Bring back to the boil, then simmer, uncovered for the recommended cooking time.
3) When the rice is cooked, drain off the water using a sieve and serve.
Use the absorption method, one to two-part measures. Put the quantities into a deep glass or microwave dish with its own lid. Stir once, cover and cook on full power, for the recommended time. Allow dish to stand, still covered, for 10 minutes.